[3830] CQWW SSB W7AT(W7EW) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, lew@dsl-only.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W7AT(W7EW) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 04:51:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W7AT
Operator(s): W7EW
Station: W7AT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     6        5
   80:   35    12       15
   40:   85    22       47
   20:  140    26       67
   15:  387    30       84
   10:  523    28       74
------------------------------

Club: The Boring Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

Work precluded much preparation, so fixed stuff on the fly. Night time bands got
short shrift as REM activity was more desired than mults or Q's. Got distracted
after the power went out while doing wind related chores. Would have made a
much higher score but the wind got my operating hat which has to be within a 5
mile radius of the station.
     Still, operating in a contest is good for you and is fun to do. Wanted to
make either 1M points or 1000 Q's so achieved both.
     Want to thank the EU and Zone 20/21 guys who thought working West coast a
nice thing to do. Also want to thank the many JA Ops. Some were cochlear
crushing loud and some must have been loading orthodontic appliances or their
cell phone electronics as a radiating antenna device. Some of their signals
were even weaker than the thoughts I pick up from my XYL when she walks by.
     Speaking of antennas, be sure to get something in the air for 160M as The
Stew Perry TopBand Challenge will happen in a few short months. Be there or you
are square.
     Also looking to trade amps, radios, vehicles, old towers and distant
relatives for land on salt water looking toward EU. Locations in North America
would be preferable as the salty land in VP8, FT5, ZL8, etc. etc. are difficult
to get to on a regular basis.