[3830] CQWW SSB HS0ZIA SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB HS0ZIA SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 07:09:13 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: HS0ZIA
Operator(s): HS0ZIA
Station: HS0ZIA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Chiang Mai
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:
   80:
   40:   29    12       22
   20:  121    13       45
   15:  113    22       45
   10:  174    25       64
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Had no radio until I got a FT450D the day before the contest. What a toy.
Unfortunately just a hand mike with no way to plug in a headset so had to rig
up a mic stand using a plastic water bottle through which I had a fishbowl-like
view of the rig. Not the most pleasant way to do a phone contest. Our 8pak quit
again just 12 hours into the test after dark so I could only use one band all
night until I could run a second line out to the tower the next morning.

Conditions seemed fairly decent, it's just unfortunate that there is almost no
one in 3 point range to work on ten and fifteen for about 4 hours each day
here. Lots of ops seemed to rely on computer-filled-in IDs so I'm not looking
forward to the report on how many ops mis-copied my call sign even though I
tried to correct them. There are lots of HS0Zs contesting out there!

This was my first QRP SSB test and I learned that QRP SSB from here is not a
brilliant category to compete in. I have too many problems with sleep
deprivation to be a competitive SOAB op. 73 and sorry for all the pain I
inflicted on ops trying to copy me.