[3830] CQWW SSB OH9A(OH1NOA) SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB OH9A(OH1NOA) SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:05:06 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: OH9A
Operator(s): OH1NOA
Station: OH1AF

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Pori
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 2045    37      131
------------------------------
Total: 2045    37      131  Total Score = 672,336

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

FT-1000D, Alpha 91b 1500 watts, 4/4/4/4 el yagis and 6 el yagi

Quite similar condx than in 2012 when I did this in the assisted class (OH9A
2,137/39/157 867k). This band never really opened to Japan, I think I worked
more BYs and HSs than JAs. Also lots of VUs and TAs! Nice but short US opening
on Saturday, and almost no US run on Sunday. Decent 162 hour on Saturday. I
missed zones 1, 34 and 35.

OH1TM was running as OH1F on 20m and from time to time I had some QRM from his
station - obviously we had some tech problems as the normal situation is that I
can't hear 20m op almost at all. Also some strange noise on late Sunday, so I
called it a day after 1800z.

We were discussing with OH1TM that how much sunspots we need for good condx in
Finland on 10 meters? After record breaking year 1979 (3140 qsos by OH3XZ now
OH2KI) the best qso numbers on 10 meters from Finland have been 2428 qsos (by
OH2U multi-multi in 2000) and 2213 qsos (by OH1MM @3MMM in 2000).