[3830] CQWW SSB K5WA SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB K5WA SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 16:25:45 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Radios: SO2R

  160:   17     8        9
   80:   71    18       50
   40:  221    31       87
   20:  346    35      113
   15:  515    35      120
   10:  623    33      117
------------------------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I got a new Yamaha CM500 headset to see if I could stand to get on SSB.  It
worked.  This headset is much more comfortable than my high-end Heil headsets
I've tried to use over the years.  I was able to hang in the chair for 37.5
hours and hunt for mults while checking out antennas.  I was amazed to find an
incredible 10M opening to zone 24 and surround areas on Friday night (I think).
 This was the first time I've ever heard BY stations that were 20 over.  I also
found out my beverages have a problem which I will need to fix as well as
getting a 160M antenna running again.  I've started a 160 4SQR but it is huge
and taking lots more time to build than I planned.  It won't be ready for ARRL
160 but maybe CQWW 160 will be its first debut.  I also found that my 80M 4SQR
is pretty weak on SSB.  F/B is only 10 db rather than 25 db that I see on CW.
Glad to hear so many friends on the air and always amazed that N5AW blows me
away in the piles.  Marv sure has his antennas running VERY well and knows when
to drop his call in.

See you in SS CW where my antennas seem to work a bit better.

73,
Bob K5WA