[3830] CQWW SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wparker2@san.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W6QU(W8QZA) SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 03:55:15 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W6QU
Operator(s): W8QZA
Station: W8QZA

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: San Diego, CA
Operating Time (hrs): 33.1

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    4     3        3
   40:   22     9        9
   20:   49    19       29
   15:  148    26       56
   10:  277    24       71
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:
  XCVR: Elecraft K-2

Antennas:
  10-15-20  3 el SteppIR up 10 meters
  40        DX-LB trap dipole up 10 meters
  40-80     Butternut HF-2V vertical with 3 radials

Conditions were great. Perhaps too great because 15 was packed all across the
band and it was tough for European stations to hear my QRP signal from out here
on the west coast!

The only problem I had was that the keyboard key for the file that played my
call came unstuck near the end of the contest from my using it so much. Using a
recording of my call to call stations has helped tremendously to save my voice.
....especially with QRP when you must sometimes call many times to make a QSO!

My best QSOs were VK9L on 10-15-20, ZK3 on 10-15, ZD8 on 10-15, and VK6 on 10.
So no real rare ones in this contest.

My DXCC was 84 and my WAZ was 29.  I did not CQ in this contest and all Qs were
S&P. My top rate over one hour was 31 per hour. And I made my goal of 500 Qs
with 60 seconds left in the contest. Thank you LS1F!!

The continent with the most Qs was Europe with 28%. Asia, NA, and SA were
closely tied for second with about 20% each.  Oceania was 11% and Africa was
3%. So I was pretty much working around the world in this contest.

My entire family is meeting out of town for Thanksgiving, so I will be missing
the CQ WWDX CW for the first time since 1988.  ....then again, maybe I will
take the FT-817 and a random wire!!

73 and see you in the ARRL contests!   ...Bill  W8QZA - W6QU  qrp