[3830] CQWW SSB IG9R(IK8HCG) SOSB(A)/80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IG9R(IK8HCG) SOSB(A)/80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 16:22:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IG9R
Operator(s): IK8HCG
Station: IG9R

Class: SOSB(A)/80 HP
QTH: African Italy
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80: 1326    19       87
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1326    19       87  Total Score = 419,866

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

my first experience in the 80 meter band, very different from the usual 40
meters.
during the week before the contest on the island there were strong gusts of
wind of 40 knots, which destroyed the entire setup IO9Y, very sorry for the
guys.
I followed the evolution of the weather situation during the week and so I
decided to to lower all systems, receiving antenna and the full size vertical,
waiting for the last day to put it back.
Friday at 17.00 local time I tried to to lift the vertical but the winds were
still strong and change direction, after several hits to the antenna has broken
the antenna terminal the DX WIRE fishing rod, luckily at 15 meters. I waited
until 23.00 local time to create the L inverted. the vertical radiator was
14.50 and L inverted about 6 meters, worked without any problem
See you next year with Multi single operation.
Tnx to the italian Navy Force