[3830] CQWW SSB TC7V(M5RIC) SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rich@m5ric.co.uk
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB TC7V(M5RIC) SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 20:23:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: TC7V
Operator(s): M5RIC
Station: TC7V

Class: SOAB Classic HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   27     5       18
   40:  351    14       60
   20:  543    22       65
   15:  608    18       60
   10: 1623    18       72
------------------------------

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Another great weekend, another new location for me. I returned to Z20 again
after doing SV5 last year and was again amazed by the propagation from down
there.

Running NA at 3/4am on 20m with a multi path echo is not something I have
experienced before. Then on Sunday working JA's who were louder than EU.
Biggest signal award goes to B1Z I think.

10m was the star of the show, great conditions and some big rates. This was
until the flare which, for me, killed all of HF for a few hours. It sounded
like someone had switched off the bands instantly.

I did however manage to break my personal best clock hourly rate with a 364,
pretty happy with that.

I didn't concentrate on the mults too much, was enjoying running so knew this
would effect the score but I did this more to have fun, I knew for a first time
I was not going to win anything. Was nice to work so many people I knew from
back home and others too, a few surprises when I said 'hello.....'

Huge thanks to Ozkan TA7I for use of the station and support, great
hospitality.

Will be back on Martinique for WPX SSB as TO4C in March.

73

Rich M5RIC / TC7V