[3830] SS CW KO7AA SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ko7ss@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW KO7AA SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 22:57:19 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: KO7AA
Operator(s): KO7AA
Station: KO7AA

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    0
   80:   17
   40:   15
   20:  356
   15:  185
   10:   49
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First real contest from my new mountain cabin QTH!

BUT, the electric co-op still hasn't hooked up the electricity, and the cabin
isn't completely done inside, so it was a LP / generator operation. I carried
a laptop, a power supply, a K3, and a space heater in the front door of the
place. Put up the tower and strung out the 40/80 OCF dipole ends.

It was never going to be a 24 hour SO2R effort, but as the sun was setting I
realized I had not brought a lamp or light of any kind :( When I couldn't see
the keyboard I was done for the night and drove the 45 minutes back down into
Tucson....

Sunday was foggy, cold and windy. I couldn't run the space heater and the
radio at the same time, so it was 50 minutes on, 10 minutes off for the radio.

I got my 100K points for the club and packed up...

Rig: K3 / N1MM Classic
Ant: 2 element Steppir on a MA-550, 80/40 OCF dipole

So much work left to do!

Photos on QRZ.com

73, Bill KO7AA on Mt Lemmon, Arizona