[3830] SS CW NM2O SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nm2o@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW NM2O SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2014 13:56:00 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: NM2O
Operator(s): NM2O
Station: NM2O

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:
   80:  251
   40:  214
   20:  114
   15:   11
   10:   16
------------

Club:

Comments:

First SS from my new QTH in NNY. It was great to pass out a new mult to many
people. This was a shake down for the first antenna.

Highlights and observations:

I'm an out of area PVRC guy for many years; it was great to work the "home
club."

VO1MP called me. I was his NNY. He did 82 for 82. I had worked another NL.
That's a rare one for sure.

Higher sunspots were evident: Skip was as short as 300 miles on 20M. MDC guys
were worked easily. Might be Es, not sure.

Propagation is a bit different here. I've never worked so many SNJ in a SS. DE
was quite active. I've sweated both at times. I think WV was rarest of East
Coast sections.

Lots of guys must use pre-fills. I confirmed NNY rather than WNY a lot.

Used Beta version 4147 of N1MM Plus. Seems to work OK, but I need to
investigate how working spots operates. The radio seemed to spot high in
frequency. There may be an offset setting that I don't know about. I'll try my
FT-1000 with N1MM and N1MM Plus and see if they act the same.

I used a laptop. The power on/off is next to escape. Note to self: "Don't
push power button while running." I'll get a keyboard next time.

73, Ray