[3830] SS CW K3CCR Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, benn3um@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW K3CCR Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2014 16:13:46 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K3CCR
Operator(s): N3UM K3DI
Station: K3CCR

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 15.6

------------
  160:
   80:   20
   40:  229
   20:  213
   15:   39
   10:    3
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

K3CCR is the club station at the Collington continuing-care
retirement community in MD. For details see the K3CCR page on qrz.com.
We plan to enter most major HF contests in the 2014-2015 season.  For SS CW
we used our new HF beam, a Skyhawk tribander on an 85 ft. tower we put up in
July.  The tower base is 45 ft. above surrounding terrain. A 40 m. inverted V
hung from the tower worked very well for SS.  We used an Orion 2, an FT 1000,
and legal-limit linears.  We did fairly well in 15.6 hours, but with
practice and more hours we hope to do better next year.  Missed NT,
often hard to find, but also DE: NEXT DOOR!