[3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jimlaporta@jlaporta.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N1CC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 02:55:26 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N1CC
Operator(s): N1CC
Station: N1CC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: North Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
  160:    0
   80:   88
   40:  131
   20:  200
   15:  221
   10:  139
------------

Club: North Texas Contest Club

Comments:

Rig:  Elecraft K3/100 Force 12 C3 @64' and 80/40 Fan Dipole (N-S) @50'.
WriteLog 1120.d.

Before SS the RCS-4 Remote switch seemed to fail, and made home run from one
antenna to give me 80 & 40.  Seems to be bad Coax as a part of the failure
of the Remote Switch as it won't work through the pass-through port either.
This was the only visit Murphy made to an otherwise great SS weekend.

I scored less than last years phone effort, in part due to the antenna problem
and intense crowding on the bands during the event.  The effects of splatter
seemed to be higher than last year.  I completed the sweep at 2211 on Sunday.
By the end of Sunday night I had worked all but the last one several times, the
one K9VV/KP2 was the only VI worked.  While I was running 5 different NT
stations found me - I guess we need to send them some CW operators!

As for operating practices, a DXPedition was on late Sunday afternoon and used
up a whole big chunk of the bands with "WIDE" splits...non-SS gang
very obviously did not listen on the calling frequencies the DX specified
because the DX Pileup wiped out some of the big guns pileups, as well as the
"A" power guys who were running... this slowed down the count much of
the afternoon.