[3830] SS SSB N8SBE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8SBE@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N8SBE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 01:46:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N8SBE
Operator(s): N8SBE
Station: N8SBE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MI
Operating Time (hrs): 19

------------
  160:
   80:   58
   40:   50
   20:  117
   15:   54
   10:   64
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

10 meters was a mix of F2 and Es propagation.  I found that to work folks closer
in, I needed to point the quad away from them and work them via backscatter.
What a wild ride!  In spite of operating a few more hours than last year, I
didn't quite break my score, since I ended up leaving 4 sections (AR, WV, NL,
NT) on the table.  Never heard WV at all, heard AR working a monster pileup and
I gave up after a while, checked back every few minutes (pileup still there),
and then he disappeared.  Only heard AR QRP stations working search 'n pounce,
never stopped anywhere to hand out contacts.  Never heard NL.  Heard NT handing
out a search 'n pounce to a station in AB.  The AB station says, "Hey you
should park someplace and hand out some contacts.  The NT station replied,
"Nah, just wanted to help out my fellow Canadians in AB".

And so it goes.  There were so many MDC stations this year, you could stir them
with a stick.  Some sections (SD, ND) that normally are 'rare' were
well-represented this year, and I even heard (and worked) more then one 'DE'.

Claimed a 'clean sweep' last year, but forgot to order the mug.  This year, no
soap.  Guess I'll have to try again next year.

73,

-- Dave, N8SBE