[3830] CQWW CW N1PGA SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n1pga@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1PGA SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 01:07:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1PGA
Operator(s): N1PGA
Station: N1PGA

Class: SOAB HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 22:24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    7     4        5
   80:   52    13       38
   40:  154    22       69
   20:  245    28       92
   15:  219    28       98
   10:   85    18       55
------------------------------
Total:  762   113      357  Total Score = 1,014,730

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

It was fun to be back into contesting again after a little time off the past
year or two.

I had only intended to make a few Qs to see how some of my refurbished antennas
seemed to play, but the juices started to flow and I was on&off for a total
of over 22 hours over the 2 days.

First time Assisted using spots in the bandmaps.  Sure changes the game for a
SOAB-UnAssisted contester who usually spins the VFO for each contact.

First ever HP entry.  I'm a LP contester and use primarily 1 radio (FT-1k MkV
Field) at 100watts, but somewhere along the way on Saturday I noticed the #2
radio (FT-1k MkV) was at 150+ watts, so no LP entry this time.

My 10m contacts were all made with a C3 tribander mounted in a tree, fixed
South at 33'.  I ordinarily put up a 10m antenna aimed at EU for contests, but
I didnt plan on a serious effort in this one, so I didnt get around to putting
one up.  I didnt even check 10m on Saturday, and on Sunday I realized I could
at least listen to SA.  I wound up making a lot of contacts on 10m all around
the world. All I can say is that lotta guys have good ears.