[3830] CQWW CW CE2/K0MD SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, drscott.wright@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CE2/K0MD SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 03:02:14 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CE2/K0MD
Operator(s): CE2/K0MD
Station: CE2/K0MD

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Vina del Mar, Chile
Operating Time (hrs): 1.1

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  136    9        16
------------------------------
Total:  136    9        16  Total Score = 9,950

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This is my second entry this weekend for CQ WW CW. I had work-related meetings
in Chile so I flew Saturday to Vina del Mar, Chile. I operated as K0MD at home
on Friday night for 2 hours and today for over an hour as CE2/K0MD

I want to thank Dale (CE2AWW/VE7SV)for his kind hospitality at loaning me his
rig and amplifier so I could operate. Dale picked me up at my hotel at 1 PM and
we drove 20 minutes to his QTH.  We trimmed a dipole at his QTH once I arrived
and soon I was able to QRV. I had about an hour to operate before Dale drove me
back to the hotel for my afternoon work meetings. He helped me achieve a small
goal of working this contest from two different continents during a weekend
that was otherwise preoccupied with work and family matters.

I enjoyed working 10 meters from the Crown Jewel of Latin America - Vina del
Mar, Chile. 10 meters was wide open world wide! The pileups were intense - it
was a blast being called from NA, SA, Europe, Africa and the ME all at once,
using a simple wire dipole up 20 stories in a condo building by the Ocean!

Dale has a well-equipped K-3 so it was equally as fun to test drive the K-3. I
brought my trusty Begali Pearl and we used N1MM.

I appreciate everyone's patience in the pile-ups. I was learning to use the K-3
amid some QSB and intense pile-ups that at times sounded like I was receiving
RTTY. The trusty RIT button and those who called off frequency made it possible
to have such a great rate.

I enjoyed working all of the MWA members from Minnesota - thank you for
stopping by to work me. For those I could not pull out of the pile-ups, I
apologize.

The best QSO's of the day were hearing A92 and 9K1 break through.  I also
enjoyed working so many European stations - I apologize that I could not work
more due to time demands with returning to my hotel to chair a symposium at 530
PM local time.

While my scores as CE2/K0MD and K0MD reflect limited efforts due to time and
work and fall way below my customary scores, I take joy in the opportunity to
contest from two continents during the same weekend. And, it was wonderful to
visit a ham friend as well!