[3830] CQWW CW KM3T SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, km3t@km3t.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW KM3T SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:24:04 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: KM3T
Operator(s): KM3T
Station: KM3T

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 38

  160:    2     2        2
   80:  229    23       90
   40:  436    34      120
   20:  484    38      135
   15:  422    35      132
   10:  491    33      139
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Inspired by K1AR's efforts from home with wires, I decided to try something
different while we still have sunspots.  We lost power in the snowstorm on
Wednesday afternoon and it had looked like it might not return until Sunday or
Monday.  I had been contemplating running a coax extension and operating low
power from the car...but luckily power returned early Friday afternoon.  Never
did get an antenna up for 160m xmit - I'll blame the storm for QRMing that
effort.  :-)

Rig: K3
Amps: AL-1200, KPA500
Antennas:
- OCF dipole around 45-50' - no 160m transmit antenna but managed to
work LR and a VE3 for a couple Q's/mults
- HF9V vertical (for diversity reception only), also feeds Skimmer receivers

Started off with KPA500 and got tired of having sand kicked in my face
so used the AL-1200 from Saturday morning through 2100Z Sunday when I wanted
faster QSYing for mults.  In retrospect I should have just run the KPA500 all
weekend but the AL-1200 was a nice foot warmer in the cold basement.

Felt loud from time to time, way more than I would have expected.  Must
have been the good conditions.  Didn't run much Friday night...too much fun
DXing.

I could have put a second radio to very good use this weekend.  Big plans for
more wires.

Activity was great!  CQWW CW is the best.