[3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB Classic LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, PaulKB8N@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K5AF SOAB Classic LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:44:26 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K5AF
Operator(s): K5AF
Station: K5AF

Class: SOAB Classic LP
QTH: STX EL09
Operating Time (hrs): 19:39
Radios: SO2R

  160:    8     5        6
   80:   58    11       33
   40:  145    20       57
   20:  195    20       64
   15:  250    29       79
   10:  273    23       77
------------------------------
Total:  929   108      316  Total Score = 1,104,944

Club:

Comments:

Most fun and productive CQWW ever!  I've had higher scores before, but never
with less than 20 hours operating time!  Never even used the second radio,
conditions and the pace of the contest kept things productive throughout with
just one radio.

I added two wire verticals to the antenna mix, and was glad I did.  I built a
hatted vertical dipole for 40M that also had a parallel element for 15 and 10M.
 I'd switch between that and my Douple Zepp and noted a significant difference
in signal strength on several paths, but most notably between post-sunset and
pre-sunrise hours.

Couldn't wish for better conditions, I was only limited by my rusty operating
skills, but look forward to next year.  The SOAB Classic category really fits
well for me.