[3830] CQWW CW ZW5B(W1UE) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, egan.dennis88@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ZW5B(W1UE) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 13:00:23 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ZW5B
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: ZW5B

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: Brazil
Operating Time (hrs): 43
Radios: SO2R

  160:    3     3        3
   80:   27     9       19
   40:  281    32      100
   20:  985    35      111
   15: 1233    37      134
   10: 1280    39      137
------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Was that a blast or what!!  Things from SA are so much different!

Notice the low band scores.  On 80m I did work about a dozen US stations (only
NE were W2FU and KB1H), but realize that from Curitiba Brazil to Boston is 400
miles further than Boston to Moscow!  And, its summer here, with high noise
levels.  I have to admit, I underestimated the difficulty of working the low
bands from here- I did think there would be more to work.  On 160m, the
stations worked were from CX, PY, and PJ2 (after many repeats).

I stopped contesting for awhile Saturday night and turned back into a DXer.
10/15/20 were all open long path, and it was just amazing to work JT at
midnight on 15M, and a little later on 10m.  Lots of mults, but not many Qs for
the time it took to break the JA pileups.

I did manage to stay in the charge for 43+ hours.  I did absolutely nothing
Friday but nap and relax, and also found that the contest starting until 10pm
local made the first night go much shorter.  I worked through the first 27
hours, then took the majority of my off time to do a little sleeping.  The only
time I felt really fatigued was the last 3 hours, when it got dark for Sunday
night.  Those last 3 hours I would nod off until that last good cup of
Brazilian coffee jolted me awake.

Dennis W1UE