[3830] CQWW CW K4IKM SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4ikm@ptd.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K4IKM SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 15:14:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K4IKM
Operator(s): K4IKM
Station: K4IKM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:   15     7       10
   80:  165    16       59
   40:  286    23       73
   20:  540    34      106
   15:  300    33      113
   10:  572    30      122
------------------------------

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

I had hoped to break my personal best of 3.6M but feel short by 0.2M mainly
because of struggling with a head cold for the entire event. Because of this, I
didn't slept more and didn't operate as many hours as I planned.

Even so, I had a great time in this event. My wife put up a short (540')
beverage which was dynamite on 40M and worked a little better than the TX
antenna on 80M and 160M. So it was well worth the effort. She promises to put
up a 1200' one next year! Tower problems were repaired just a few days prior to
the start which left me stressed and tired. All this plus being sick left me
needing sleep at the expense of my score. But one of these days I hope to break
4M.

Thanks to all the DX for being out there! Without them our scores would be
ZERO!

And thanks for the FRC folks, a great club of diehard contesters! Go FRC!

Steve...K4IKM...73's!....