[3830] CQWW CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VE6WQ(@VE6JY) SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 17:25:28 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VE6WQ
Operator(s): VE6WQ
Station: VE6JY

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: AB
Operating Time (hrs): 32.5

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2367    39      152
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The Edmonton area received a huge snowstorm on Thursday and Friday and it was
unclear if the roads would allow a trip to Lamont. Road reports from VE5MX who
was heading west from Saskatchewan suggested that the highway was reasonably
clear so we decided to head east from Edmonton. Luck that we did as band condx
were excellent throughout the weekend on 15m. No zone 39 this year but lots of
entities active. Only missed the E6 that showed up in the last few minutes but
otherwise worked everything heard. As always Don was a great host keeping the
wood fire burning as the temp outside the shack was in the -30 range and making
sure I didn't miss my alarm. The station performed flawlessly even in the very
cold weather.

Equipment ICOM 756ProII and homebrew amp
Antenna 6x6x6x6 @ 150ft plus an additional 6 element @ 150ft