[3830] CQWW CW K3IE SOAB(A) LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k3ie77@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K3IE SOAB(A) LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 19:42:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K3IE
Operator(s): K3IE
Station: K3IE

Class: SOAB(A) LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 40
Radios: SO2R

  160:   29    11       24
   80:  136    18       66
   40:  336    25       89
   20:  366    34      104
   15:  421    32      110
   10:  421    30      106
------------------------------

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

Fun weekend.

XYL gave me a "hall pass", bands were alive, my football teams were
victorious, had my first try at SO2R, and achieved my best score ever.

Given my modest set-up (Hex Beam @25 ft and various wires), I decided to
experiment with SO2R.  I ordered a Dunestar transverter with 10/15/20 mtr
bandpass filters to turn my Hex Beam into a "stack".  I refer to it
as SO2R "Lite".

I have a ways to go to make my SO2R operating skills "seemless" but
am glad I jumped in the pool.  It really helped me stay focused during the
non-peak contest hours.  It made me feel like I was being much more efficient
and, most importantly, it provided more fun.

Thanks to all the stations who were patient with me.  I was a bit challenged on
some occassions with the SO2R N1MM menus and not sure of my transmit band.

Thanks for the Q's - Hunter.

Flex 3000
FT-1000
5 Band Hex Beam @ 25 ft