[3830] CQWW CW W8AV SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8av@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W8AV SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 21:13:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W8AV
Operator(s): W8AV
Station: W8AV

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10: 1372    38      152
------------------------------
Total: 1372    38      152  Total Score = 755,060

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Decided to do a single band entry in this years contest since we could not get
enough operators to do a multi-op thing, the TIC Ring motor box failed for the
top 15 meter antenna preventing it from rotating, and the 40 meter beam
sustained a broken feed line at the feedpoint on the boom from a 55 mph wind
storm three days before the contest that could not be repaired in time.

Depite a the above problems, 10 was the place to be for the contest.  Rates
were incredible!  Only missed Zones 18 and 26.  Heard 26 but could not work
HS0ZAR since the band was on its way out when I found them. Never heard a ZOne
18 station.  Thanks for all the QSO's!  See you again next year with better
antennas and another multi-op effort.