[3830] CQWW CW K8MFO SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mfof@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8MFO SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 22:39:46 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K8MFO
Operator(s): K8MFO
Station: K8MFO

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:
   40: 1235    36      125
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1235    36      125  Total Score = 562,534

Club: East Lansing DX Club

Comments:

I answered the bell for CQWW CW as I have every year since 1959, and its as much
fun as ever.   Since I grow and sell Christmas trees, and this was surely going
to be a busy weekend for that, I at first thought of entering the CLASSIC 24
hour class.    At the last minute I decided on 40 meters single band!    I knew
that there are 34 hours that one should sit in the chair for a competitve score,
but I could only manage 20.   No matter, I had a great time.

It's always nice to say hello to so many old friends, and to listen to so many
fantastic operators, all present at the same party.

K3, AL-1200. Mosley PRO-67B six bander at 118 feet.   Only multiplier I heard
and missed was HS0ZAR in zone 26, at the very early time of 2045Z.   Never
heard zones 22, 23, or 29.      The antenna performed like a champion.

73

Don K8MFO