[3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, rkmassoc@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0EU SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2014 23:13:27 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: 4
Operating Time (hrs): 45
Radios: SO2R

  160:   24     8       15
   80:  139    22       54
   40:  946    32      102
   20:  613    34       96
   15:  848    32      103
   10:  840    29      104
------------------------------

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Wow! That was a blast. I figured this was my last real chance to put up a big
score because by the next cycle, I will be in my seventies and there's no way I
will be able to operate for as many hours as I just did. Still trying to recover
today. Sure makes it easier to endure the aches and hallucinations when the
bands are so hot to Europe and Japan. This was my best score ever, and if I
don't get docked too many points, I will have broken the N2IC/0 SOAB zero-land
record that Steve set in 2000. I feel pretty good about that, considering the
limitations of my station.

The greatest improvement I saw this year was that stations were identifying
much more often, which made it sooooo much easier for a non-spoon-fed operator
to figure out who the pileup is for. Can't quantify it, but I'm sure it added
5-10 percent to my score.

Thanks to all the guys that were S&Ping and called me from rare countries
and zones. TF3DX from his car on two bands, a few OX3's, some rare Asia DX in
the late stages including XU,VR2,9V, etc. The steady stream of DL's, G's, and
I's, and of course the +1000 JA QSO's that are so important to a Colorado
entrant.

There is still room for improvement in operating skill and hardware, but I
don't think I'll ever top this year's score.

73
Randy K0EU