[3830] CQWW CW HR2J(N6AA) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6aa@arrl.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW HR2J(N6AA) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 00:36:18 +0000

Comments:

K3, ALS-600 amp (500 watts) on 160 - 15
160 - dipole at 35 feet
80 - dipole at 35 feet
40 - dipole at 30 feet
20 - TH-6 at 40 feet
15 - 40 meter dipole at 30 feet
10 - TH-6 at 40 feet

No amp on 10 meters and tri-bander didn't work on 15.
Bad power line noise on 160. Some on 80. Apologies to those I couldn't hear.

Missed Honduras on all 6 bands, and zone 7 on two bands myself.

Did fractionally better than last year. Slightly higher score, but fewer QSOs.
15-meter antenna and degraded amplifier are my explanation. I'd get tired of
coming back to stations who answered me 3 or 4 times before they responded.
Occasionally it got so bad, I just turned the big dial and started over up the
band.

Decided to go and bought ticket with less than a week before contest. Worked
more guys than would have worked from home.

Had a better attitude this year. Slept around 5 or so 15-minute times. On
Sunday morning was about to take another nap. Somebody did something really
irritating, and guess that woke me up for the rest of the contest.

Thought activity was down on Sunday, as had problems getting answers to CQs.
Maybe conditions were so good that very few aimed south.

In the instructions, it says that I had a good time. Thanks for the QSOs.