[3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9CT M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 00:53:24 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9CT
Operator(s): K9ZO KB9OWD K9CT K3WA K9CS N9CK N9TK
Station: K9CT

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   81    18       54
   80:  289    31      102
   40: 1503    40      137
   20: 1623    39      149
   15: 2053    39      160
   10: 1519    37      158
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

The conditions were the best that anyone on the team can remember. Unlike Phone,
the solar conditions were stable and the high bands opened earlier and stayed
open quite long. The biggest surprise was the 20m openings during the wee
morning hours.

Our goal was to do as well as we could and if possible break the W9 M/2 record.
We also wanted to do well in the US and saw that NQ4I was in the hunt. So we
horse raced them the entire contest on cqcontest.net. Congratulations to their
team for doing a fantastic job. We did not get the start they did as we started
on 10 and 15 hoping to get lots of JAs in the log. We got to 40m late and
probably should have run there earlier as the signals were quite strong. No way
to know if we would have gotten more qs there. N0NI team was also live on
cqcontest and we kept a watch on them as they have a very nice station and
great operators.

We passed our W9 M/2 record Sunday morning and decided to try to beat the W9
M/M record set in 2000 by the K9NS team. We reached that goal with about 6
hours left. The higher bands were not as good as Saturday so rates dropped
soon. We wanted to make to 20M at that point and kept at it as hard as we
could. We moved  stations to the other run station regularly and that helped a
lot. We were elated to finish with the 19.3m score.

Notable was beating the W9 M/2 and M/M records, getting 40 zones on 40, 5BDXCC
and some very good rates during the morning hours.

The team was awesome...five were able to be here the entire 48 hours and two
filled in a lot at just the right times. Food was excellent...team members
always bring something to share. This is the first time we have had Green Bay
Packer brats on the grill...brats with green peppers and cheese! Tasty even to
the Bear fans.

We used N1MM Plus and it worked very well. N1MM created some new macros for
passing stations and frequencies that added to our qso counts...very
impressive.

Thanks to all for the qsos and great fun. I highly recommend posting your
scores to cqcontest next time and adding to everyone's excitement.

73, Craig K9CT