[3830] CQWW CW N1LN SOSB(A)/15 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, bemeier@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW N1LN SOSB(A)/15 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 02:29:29 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: SOSB(A)/15 HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 1710    38      144
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1710    38      144  Total Score = 913,822

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a great weekend for a contest. I was only on one band, but based on 3830
reporting band conditions for all bands were as good or better than I
experienced on 15 meters. Talk about a quiet band - WOW. If anyone that called
me did not get into my log I am surprised. Signal strengths ranged from many db
over S9 to below a whisper level. The K3 NR was able to peak all the barely
detectable signals and increase them to solid copy. Rates were also pretty
consistent. Most of the time was spent running but if the rates got low there
were always plenty of Skimmer spots to go after to keep the rate up.  The
Skimmer certainly proved beneficial for Single Op Assisted mode.

Really enjoyed seeing the zone and country counts increase. Saturday afternoon
VU4KV called in at 1751 UTC. Also near the end at 23:50 UTC Sunday I was very
pleased to be called by  VR2CO from Hong Kong for the final increase to the
country count. I never heard any stations or saw any spots for zone 23 or 34,
but as 3830 has already reported, they were out there. Just never made it to my
log. What did make it to my log was 81 dupes which have been removed for the
posting totals but not from the submission. My standard is to work dupes and
keep going, but one station called me 4 times. The third and forth time I had
to bring that to the operators attention and got a ‘sorry’ response.  - -
look in your log! - -

73 until next time.

Bruce N1LN