[3830] CQWW CW WD5ACR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wd5acr@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW WD5ACR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 06:16:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: WD5ACR
Operator(s): WD5ACR
Station: WD5ACR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Pueblo, CO
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:   9      4        6
   20:  17      9       16
   15:  21     15       19
   10:  11      9       10
------------------------------
Total:  58     37       51  Total Score = 14,168

Club:

Comments:

TS-440S, Drake L4B, Hexbeam 20-10, 40M loop, 40M linear loaded dipole.

This was a bit of an experimental outing. I'm working on my CW proficiency, so
what better venue to get that done. As a crutch, I loaded fldigi on an ancient
laptop (Thinkpad X30) running Puppy Linux (booted of a USB key). I was
surprised at how well fldigi did. No memory keyer.

The other experiment was to test drive the 40M linear loaded dipole. This is
the first half of a phased array project. It play quite well north-south. The
loop is a little better towards EU.

The last goal was to pick up a few more countries for DXCC. I'm at 90 (on LoTW)
now and I think I might have picked up 4 or 5 more.

Band conditions were very good in Southern Colorado. The biggest problem was
figuring out whether to be on 10 or 15.

Next year, a little more code proficiency and I'll set a reasonable QSO goal
(400 Qs, maybe).