[3830] CQWW CW OU4X(OZ7AM) SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OU4X(OZ7AM) SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 13:20:59 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OU4X
Operator(s): OZ7AM
Station: OU4X

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 45

  160:  122     9       40
   80:  734    21       73
   40: 1247    35      106
   20:  821    34       97
   15:  553    32      103
   10:  662    38      115
------------------------------

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

This year provided me with the great opportunity to work from the big-gun
station of OZ2ELA. My score was only possible due to the outstanding
hospitality of Michael and his wife Joan who let me into their home to operate
the contest from his fantastic station. Otherwise I'd have been confined to a
tribander/wires set-up with little hope of beating my own record from last year
-- as opposed to yagis from 80 to 10 meters.

This was the second contest where I almost worked the full 48 hours. Like in
2013 the fatigue hit me Sunday morning UTC. Lost track of reality as the CW
started to sound like voices telling me bad jokes about the calls I was logging
-- truly a novel and bizarre experience. I had the most exciting pile-up from
the US with signals all over S9, but no brain function -- I had to give in and
lost a lot of crucial multipliers on the high bands that morning. It will be
'fun' to learn how many penalties I'll receive for mistakes made this morning.

This was the first contest with no station failures. Last year my amp blew up
while working 80 and I spent two hours repairing it. Only one minor incident
with RF feedback caused some distortion of my signals -- thanks to the kind
people who notified me of this problem.

Much can be improved yet, but over-all I am very pleased with this year's
preliminary result.

Thanks to everyone who called in -- 73 till next time!

Alex, OU4X (OZ7AM)