[3830] CQWW CW K0DQ(@K8PO) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0dq@analog.org
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K0DQ(@K8PO) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 19:46:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K0DQ
Operator(s): K0DQ
Station: K8PO

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: MAINE
Operating Time (hrs): 45.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:  217    14       57
   80:  548    20       82
   40: 1171    33      103
   20: 1257    32      107
   15:  973    32      102
   10: 1027    30      101
------------------------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks again to Paul, K8PO, for the use of his superbly engineered station.  No
equipment issues, only operator issues.  Guess we didn't do too bad for a
couple of septuagenarians, although I did finally establish (and surpass) my
limit for a 48 hour contest . . . it's about an hour and a half less than I
did.  Severe keyboard QLF on Sunday.

Conditions almost too good for SOAB!  Couldn't keep sustained run going and
always felt pressured to find the incredible number of active mults.  K5ZD
assisted score should put an end to the questions of SOAB(A) vs. SOAB.  Amazing
score for single op.

Congrats to Alex, K3CR for another win.  Strong work by K1DG, W1KM, K1TO, K1ZZ,
N1UR and especially N2IC & N9RV for West of the Mississippi honors (plus
whoever else comes out of the woodwork).

Still trying to win this one for a sweep of the major contest U.S.
Championships.  Regrettably I've seen this movie before.  #2 in 2012 behind
K3CR, #2 in 2013 behind NN1N.  Thinking about applying for vanity call AV1S
(U.S. old guy alert).

Thanks to all for QSOs and a very memorable weekend - one for the books.