[3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/10 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w6ya@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW W6YA SOSB/10 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 14:13:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: W6YA
Operator(s): W6YA
Station: W6YA

Class: SOSB/10 HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 21

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  952    34      129
------------------------------

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Great conditions on 10 meters made this a fun contest.  Even the QRP stations
were loud!  There was so much activity, at times up to 28.170, that it was
often hard to find a run frequency.  Even then, it was hard to get enough
separation, since runs between two close stations with good filters
occasionally got mixed, which will account for some NIL entries.

I never heard zones 17-21-22-34-37-39 from here in Southern CA, but it was nice
to find both JT1BV and BG9XD for 23.  Another plus was finding XV, 3W, and
several HS for zone 26.

Regardless of continuous participation, this is my first CWWW CW post in 5
years, since I am so disgusted at the effects of spots/skimmers that have made
such a mess.  I still dream of a real DX contest where the competitors all have
to do their own work, instead of relying on someone or something else to do it
for them.