[3830] CQWW CW OP7EH(ON7EH) SOSB(A)/80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, on7eh@skynet.be
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OP7EH(ON7EH) SOSB(A)/80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2014 21:15:56 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OP7EH
Operator(s): ON7EH
Station: ON7EH

Class: SOSB(A)/80 LP
QTH: Machelen
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:
   80:  706    19       70
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: NBT Grimbergen

Comments:

We were glad to benefit from the special OP7-prefix for this first CQ WW
participation on 80m. Though, quite a number of repeats were required.
(see QRZ.COM/OP7EH for more details )
Thanks to the friendly local farmer, we could expand the radials beyond our
property (for the first time), covering from the N to the SE, which still
leaves one quadrant totally uncovered...

Our wish to work JA and DX on sunrise was more than fullfilled and we are
extremely happy of the results with our albeit modest setup: K3/100 + ATU +
helically wound quarterwave. We have yet to try a Rx-antenna.

The wx was very cooperative with hardly any wind or rain. For your reference,
the noise was manageable at S5/6 (no ATT) and 350Hz filter on the K3.

After some headscratching (in contest time) the operator finally arrived at
working N1MM Logger Plus and K3 settings.

The first morning, the pile-ups on the Carribean DX were huge for long periods
and too hard to get through with 100W so we often mixed S&P and RUN.

We did not anticipate to sit so many hours in the shack but with such high WW
activity, the event was very endurable.
Our CW speed quickly went up from the low 20's to low 30's: practice always
helps.

Thanks for all the QSO's!

As usual, we would like to hear from you if you recorded our QSO!

73,
OP7EH, Michel (again signing ON7EH next contest)