[3830] ARRL 160 K7FA SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7fa@frontier.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K7FA SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2014 20:47:45 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K7FA
Operator(s): K7FA
Station: K7FA

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 636  Sections = 81  Countries = 6  Total Score = 104,733

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: K3/100 + Alpha-9500
Rx Ant: None (have Pixel Loop, but not currently in use)
Tx Ant: Gamma-matched 100-ft. Rohn-55, top-loaded with monobanders
 Storm and Range Cattle damage to 30% of AWG #14 ground radials.

No KB7Q Guest Op. this time. Few hours spent S&P during first night due to
fatigue and my stomach upset. Second night I felt better, and 99 percent was
spent running. Got plenty of sleep both nights. May have been able to
significantly increase my score if both operating periods had been spent
"Running".

I delayed my start Friday afternoon, and was surprised to see a very active
band when the rig was powered-up (prior to Grayline at 2240z). Conditions
seemed good, except for minor QSB and QRN (static crashes). Farthest DX worked
was PJ2T; heard (but was unwilling to wait on) ZF2AH pile-up. KP2M was loud and
easy (also the ever-present KH6LC). Mexico station participation was up (worked
six). Alaska participation was down. Thanks to the operators who were patient
during QSB fades, and whenever my keyboard was fat-fingered. I extend my
apologies to those if I was unable to copy their signals. 73, Tom