[3830] ARRL 160 WB8JUI Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wb8jui@juno.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WB8JUI Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 00:38:34 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WB8JUI
Operator(s): WB8JUI
Station: WB8JUI

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Bellevue, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 22.3

Total:  QSOs = 975  Sections = 79  Countries = 7  Total Score = 170,022

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

I started a bit late again this year due work.  Things were hopping by the time
I booted up and got comfortable in the chair.  Settled in on 1803.95 and had an
initial run of 331 Qs before taking a QTJ (Quick Trip to the John).

First 3 hour rates (Night #1):
110/Hr
109/Hr
103/Hr

Best rates:
1 minute - 240/Hr
10 minutes - 162/Hr
1 hour - 117/Hr

Last 3 hour rates (Night #2):
23/hr
19/hr
26/hr

Night #1 - 572 Qs and about 103K with PJ2, XE and ZF as the only DX worked.  No
EU heard, but I did manage an ESP Q with KH6LC.  Night #1 was the only time I
heard (and missed) VE5.

Night #2 - Is always slow, but I spend more time doing S&P which generally
results in more mults.  Picked up a (very) few EU (F, G, OK, PI) as well as all
the remaining lower 48 US sections.  Ended up missing AK, NF, NT & SK for
the sweep.  The only one of those heard at all was VE5 and that was night #1.

Had a total of 1002 Qs including 27 dupes (2.7%).  Not a problem as most
occurred during lulls in the action and succeeded in at least keeping me awake.
 Believe I was spotted incorrectly on the cluster at least once as I had a flash
pile-up of dupes.  Decided to just QSY and put an end to it.

All in all another great time.  Nice working quite a few friends throughout the
contest.  Also great to see quite a few new (to 160) calls in the log.  Looking
forward to working everyone again a few weeks from now in The Stew.

73 - Rick WB8JUI
Elecraft K3
N1MM Logger + (Played great!)
Hustler 5BTV with 160 meter Inverted L element added (Radials 50-75' long)