[3830] ARRL 160 WA2BCK Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WA2BCK@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WA2BCK Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 14:41:04 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA2BCK
Operator(s): WA2BCK
Station: WA2BCK

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 15.48

Total:  QSOs = 853  Sections = 76  Countries = 14  Total Score = 160,020

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

In 49 years as a ham, this was my first 160m contest.  I thought I would make
300-400 QSOs and finish off my WAS on 160. I had such fun that I decided to
keep BIC for a lot longer than anticipated. I worked all states except AK.
There was a very good opening to EU Sunday morning at their sunrise. I could
hear a low rumble of stations calling me but without a beverage antenna, I
could only work the loud ones. Not to mention the fact that I was experiencing
loud static crashes due to local conditions. The crashes were so severe that
even loud signals were obscured. Beverage antenna now for sure!