[3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE9AA SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 22:52:06 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE9AA
Operator(s): VE9AA
Station: VE9AA

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: nb
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

   CW: 1306   152
  SSB:  456   132
-------------------
Total: 1762   284  Total Score = 1,767,168

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Twas the nite before TEN opened and all through the shack
Not a signal was stirring, for outside it was black
The dipoles were hung by the tower with care
In hopes that strong signals
soon would be there.

The harmonics were nestled all snug in their beds
while visions of pileups danced in their heads
With me in my PJ's and Mom in her thong
We wondered about DX and where we went wrong

When out on the snow there arose such a mess
I sprang from the bed and forgot to get dressed
Away to the window I flew like a streaker
Tore open the amp and became suddenly weaker
.
The coax was ripped and the new fallen amp
fell onto the floor and the ‘Test was now damped
But what do my wondering eyes suddenly see
but a miniature stack of 10m yagis and deer !

With a little old man, so adept at the key
this could be our good luck if only it could be....
More QRQ than Hastifisti and with power to spare.
Now Dasher, now Dotter, now  all deer he yelled proud
We doing this right and we're going to be loud!

On Meteor, Aurora and Backscatter too
We’ll work everyone til the tubes they turn blue.
To the top of the hill we ran with our tools
Now dash away, dot away, lids and QRM fools

As dry dummy loads that before the current that flows
I will rid you of keyclicks, splatter and gosh Heavens knows.
So up to the house-top the signals they flew
With antennas and amplifiers and St. Nicolas too.
.

And then in a moment I heard on the stairs
DX being worked, that was extremely rare
As I logged with N1MM (plus version of course)
St. Nick was working them, SSB and on Morse.

He was dressed all in fur and looking alive
And his clothes  were all sweaty from working a P5
A bundle of coax he threw on his back
And he looked like a Slim, who would never come back

His eyes how they looked, his cheeks were puffed out
From a SSB pileup that was tuckering him out
His droll little mouth, behind the headset from Heil
Did not conceal that rare DX smile

The stump of his pipe he held tight in his face
As lots of DX was coming and this was a race !
He had a big smile and a big gut too
From sitting too much and working DXCC on Two.

He was fast and fat and a right happy old elf
I looked in the mirror and imagined myself
A wink of his eye and a twist of the key
He said 5NN and worked a P3

He spoke not a word as he worked the Morse code
This rate behaviour never gets old
He filled all the stockings
Between contacts he said
Once this is done, Mike, you go back to bed !

Laying a finger up side of his nose
He started another pileup and the din, it arose
This is VE9-Santa and you are Five-by-Nine
I’ll work you all quickly and leave no one behind

He sprang to his sled and with a nod of his head
He worked the last contact (Long path to ZD8Z!)

Away the stats flew to the ARRL
I’ll be back next year people,
Perhaps from Z2

He yelled as he faded and went out of sight
MX, 73 and to all a GN !
Merry Christmas from new Brunswick
de Mike VE9AA and family