[3830] ARRL 10 W5CF SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w5cf@ymail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W5CF SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 00:41:21 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W5CF
Operator(s): W5CF
Station: W5CF

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: NM
Operating Time (hrs): 17

   CW:
  SSB:  411    48
-------------------
Total:  411    48  Total Score = 61,650

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

This was my first time operating in this contest. So my goal was simply to work
them as I found them. The strategy was to include some "RUN" time.

The contest was a little bit different than I expected. Being an ARRL contest,
I expected tons of stateside stations calling CQ. That turned out to be wrong,
as there were tons of DX stations.

Saturday afternoon I saw noise levels drop below S2, which was great. About
2330Z all US stations just disappeared off the band. Sunday I saw noise at
about S5 all day long.

Spent a good majority of my time in S&P mode, making contacts and looking
for multipliers. That went fairly well, as I seldom called more than three
times to get a reply.

I also had two fairly good "RUNS", one of 40 and one of 63 Q's.

In total, 37 W's, 8 VE's, and 3 XE's, 411 Q's for 61,650.

The rig here is a TS-940S, into a ground mounted Hustler 5BVT. Hopefully by
next season I will have a tower up with a directional antenna.

Overall, lots of fun!

73 DE W5CF, RICK