[3830] ARRL 10 K3TN SO CW Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3TN SO CW Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 01:33:17 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3TN
Operator(s): K3TN
Station: K3TN

Class: SO CW Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   CW:  721   148
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  721   148  Total Score = 426,832

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

This is always a fun contest but single band contests sort of seem like going
back  to the pre-cable TV/pre-Internet days where there just weren't all that
many choices.

I got to put some quality time in late in the Saturday morning EU run - great
conditions but lots of spotlight propagation. For me signals were booming in
from OK, while LZ was 20db down. However, the loudest station coming back to my
CQ was ON6QRP, which seemed odd...

I didn't put all that much day time in but both nights I woke up around 0600
and there was all kinds of domestic propagation, with 10m showing its VHF side.
I worked VT for the WAS the first night.

Some really booming signals from 5W1SA and several VKs and ZLs around local
noon.

K3/KPA500 to 135' OCF dipole at 45'