[3830] ARRL 10 VE7UF(VE7JH) SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VE7UF(VE7JH) SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 03:44:36 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: CN79mr
Operating Time (hrs): 25

   CW: 1307   143
  SSB: 1002   129
-------------------
Total: 2309   272  Total Score = 1,972,000

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

It was fun operating the VE7UF contest station.
Duane has an IC-746PROIII with a solid 800W amp on 10m. I had two towers with
stacks at my disposal, a 150' with 3xTH6 and a 170' with 3xTH6 and 3x 5el
monobanders.
Great conditions to the USA, South America and Eastern Asia.
Number of QSO by CQ Zones:
3: 226
4: 860
5: 495
11: 47
25: 402

Europe is tough from here (Vancouver Island) in the winter on 10m and there
were but a few on Saturday morning. Got lucky on Sunday morning and was able to
snag quite a few mults. Ended up with:
14: 40
15: 16
Hard to believe, 56 contacts gave me 33 multipliers.

Great USA activity got WAS, only missed RI on SSB. 18 Mexican and 19 Canadian
mults.

I'm not much of an SSB guy, but had a clock-hour with 201 QSOs running East
Coast and Mid West USA. It's hard to have a fast run and still wish Merry
Christmas once in a while.

As usual, thanks to our friends in Japan and all the Asia-Pacific stations who
make 10m so interesting from here.

Kudos to the SM2, the RU3 and the 3 OH stations who called me over the pole
around 2100 UTC. I love that path, wish more people would look for it.

After a good start I figured I'd try for 2000 QSOs, should've gunned for 2M
points.

It was great fun to work you all, I wish everyone Happy Holidays.

73,
Gabor, VE7JH