[3830] ARRL 10 VA7BEC M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, va7bec@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 VA7BEC M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 05:03:51 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: VA7BEC
Operator(s): VA7BEC VA7KO
Station: VA7BEC

Class: M/S LP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 20

   CW:  642    96
  SSB:  836    94
-------------------
Total: 1478   190  Total Score = 805,600

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

We found conditions rather challenging  -- band was very noisy and more or less
closed to EU from here. Combined with all the activity -- a good thing, of
course -- the QRN/QRM often obliterated the same part of missed callsigns
and/or numbers over and over!
AS, particuarly JA, could be heard fairly well. Numbers were a bit tricky
though.
Very pleased to have caught the attention of XW4 and E21.
This year, my CW op required a bottle of the finest peaty Scotch whisky to join
me again. I think he earned it. Our goal was to beat our previous results -- and
we accomplished this. Mult count was not too different but Q count was better.
Thanks for everyone who heard us and to all those who answered our CQs. Very
happy to have you in the log.
All the best for the holidays and for a happy and healthy 2015.
88/73,
Rebecca VA7BEC and Koji VA7KO