[3830] ARRL 10 WQ5L SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 WQ5L SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:30:46 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: WQ5L
Operator(s): WQ5L
Station: WQ5L

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: MS
Operating Time (hrs): 19

   CW:  908   133
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  908   133  Total Score = 483,056

Club:

Comments:

Mixed Mode or CW Only? Always a tough choice. Last week one of the cats made
this easy for me by knocking my Pro Set to the floor, breaking the boom mic.
Okay! CW it was.

I used the amplifier for a while, but after too many people tried to log me as
MQ5L I figured out that there was a problem with the keying relay. So, I ran
barefoot (200W) from then on, mostly. Antenna was an 80M Inv-L through a tuner.
It vastly outperforms my resonant OCF dipole. *shrug*

DX conditions were very good, but not great. The openings were there, but the
signals weren't quite as strong as in recent weeks, especially the JAs. I
didn't even hear a UA0, which is unusual.

Closer to home, I had no problem sweeping the USA mults and the Canadian mults
except LB/YT/NT/NU. Only two Mexican states worked, though. =(

E skip was nil the first day, unless I missed it, until it popped up Saturday
evening. I was out from roughly 6-10pm local, and when I got home there were
several loud signals from W9/W0. A few diehards were still CQing when I went to
bed after midnight. On Sunday there was plenty of short skip to the mid-Atlantic
and upper midwest from late morning off and on until the end.  73,

-- Ray WQ5L (there is no MQ5L, is there?)