[3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W0AIH(NE9U) SO Mixed Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2014 23:00:15 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W0AIH
Operator(s): NE9U
Station: W0AIH

Class: SO Mixed Unlimited HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 32

   CW: 1215   159
  SSB:  909   148
-------------------
Total: 2124   307  Total Score = 2,027,428

Club:

Comments:

Another fun time at The Farm way up north in the CheeseHole!!  This was my 9th
consecutive 10 meter contest from there and it ended up being my best score!

The Rhombics and the 5 element yagi at 200 feet were unavailable to use this
year, so I was "limited" to the 5/5/5/5 and to the 3 element Telrex
@45 feet and the 6 element Telrex at 53 feet.  I used the stack 90% of the time
and used the other two beams to pick off guys to the sides.  Kept them pretty
much fixed SE and SW.  The Rhombics would have been good for a couple more S
units to Europe and JA for more ESP guys.

Right up to contest kick-off I wasn't sure what category to enter.  HP?  LP?
QRP?  Decided at the last minute to stay HP but to embrace the changes and run
with packet as assisted.

Last couple years I have run SO2R, but with the station interaction on one band
i just ended up with a headache.  This year I fed the packet spots and ran SO2V
to chase mults as they came in.  Seemed to work real well!  Still spun the dial
on SSB to find some mults that never showed up on packet.

See everyone in the ARRL DX CW from The Farm!

73

Scott  NE9U