[3830] ARRL 10 W1WBB SO Mixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wbliss1@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 W1WBB SO Mixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2014 00:27:19 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: W1WBB
Operator(s): W1WBB
Station: W1WBB

Class: SO Mixed QRP
QTH: W1
Operating Time (hrs):

   CW:  315    96
  SSB:  106    75
-------------------
Total:  421   171  Total Score = 251,712

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

QRP/No assistance...Icom 706mkIIG @ 5 watts to Hexbeam at 33' (only 115' ASL).

Almost entirely S and P except handful of SSB Q's late Sunday.

This is certainly one of my fave operating events.  Tried Mixed Mode QRP to
keep things moving if QSO count slowed (no problem with these nice band condx)
and to improve on the very low ARRL section record score.  But missed most of
EU opening Sat morn due to other commitments as well as some prime
mid-afternoon op time.  Able to operate quite a bit Sunday.  Band opened nicely
both days by 1200z.

Stronger sigs Sunday for sure; felt louder too with many first call answers.
Saturday's elevated K-index made for worse condx on Day 1.  Still, fortunate to
have such overall fine band openings for another year in ARRL 10m 'test at tail
end of this solar cycle peak.

The nighttime Es was -very- good here Saturday for 2+ hrs after 0100z with some
sigs 20dB over S9!  Had 45 mins of decent Es Fri night between 0330z-0415z into
GA, TN, KY, FL.  Got 16 total close-in mults (CW/SSB) and 40 Q's by way of
nighttime skip incl OH, WV, MD, VA, NC, SC, AR, MS, MO.  Just not enough folks
active at that time though.

Overall, log shows I worked 41 of 50 states//VE3,4,5,6,7//4 Mex mults//58
unique DXCCs (36 EU, 8 NA, 9 SA, 2 AF, 2 AS [4X,C4], 1 OC).

Many thanks to all who worked my modest QRP sigs -- "This ain't no Super
Station here!".  And, congrats to K1WHS for a great M/M QRP score,
appearing to establish a new high score here in New Engl.

Add'l equipt:  88' doublet ant. up @ 45' used occasionally on SSB (unable to
tune in CW segment); N1MM+ Logger; Vibroplex Deluxe iambic paddle.