[3830] CQWW CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, pesta@labex.cz
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW CS2C(OK1RF) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 18:46:21 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: CS2C
Operator(s): OK1RF
Station: CT1JLZ

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: nr Porto Covo
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 4080    39      142
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Late report after returning from CT back to OK.

>From Southern Europe there were incredible conditions. The 20-m band was fully
open for 48 hours. During the whole second night signals from NA and JA passed
freely, from the Far East and OC, just wonderful.
I had made wide-scale preparations before the Contest: three new Yagi antennas
on 9 m long booms, at 16 m height (a fixed one in NA direction) and a rotary
one at 28 m height. The other mast held a single rotary beam at 24 m height. A
new switch box with phasing was installed allowing various combinations for TX
and RX programs.
The new HW was working fine and reliably during the Contest. Unfortunately,
the RS-232 port in the old  PC DOS failed just before the start, including the
reliable SW CT. I was very much concerned of deploying the new PC with WINtest
and microHAM.
At the start everything seemed to run fine. After the first break I made in the
morning after 30 hours, problems started which persisted to the very end. Upon
logging a new CALL and F5 - nothing. After some time I have found a solution-
before F5 one must press Esc. Keying started to be out-of rhythm, and after
pressing F buttons, irregular breaks.
 With such annoying problems I became quite tired fast. I was only driven
forward due to the high score achieved on the first day.  At the end I was
absolutely exhausted.
  Thanks to everyone who called, and apologies to those who later experienced
my slowed replies in the pileup.
 I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year 2015!

Jiri, CS2C/OK1RF