[3830] RAC Winter VE3BR SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3br@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE3BR SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2014 16:15:02 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE3BR
Operator(s): VE3BR
Station: VE3BR

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: FN03es
Operating Time (hrs): 15

  160:    9      1       3         1
   80:   80     42       9         8
   40:  113     12       7         6
   20:  121     19       8         9
   15:   54     18       6         6
   10:   14     17       5         3
    6:
    2:
Total:  391    109      38        33  Total Score = 203,628

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Radio: Ten-Tec Jupiter
Antenna: DX-Eng 80/40 Thunderbolt 55ft Dual Band Vertical
Software: N1MM Logger+ 1.0.4452.0 upgraded to 1.0.4457.0 part-way through

This was my first time in the RAC Winter Contest. It felt very Christmassy and
very Canadian with pretty much everybody spending as much time on wishing
everybody else a Happy New Year as on actual contesting.

I did not let this fool me, I was resolved and determined: only slept about 2
hours the Friday night and only took a less-than-3-hours break for the family
shopping on Saturday morning. Despite my unrelenting frustration I steadfastly
ploughed through at my "80m-vertical-as-an-all-band-antenna" snail
pace until, with about 4 hours to go, I made 500 Qs. Then I had a serious
mental meltdown and I quit. Perhaps, I badly need Zen training, anger
management skills or a decent upper bands antenna, not necessarily in this
order...