[3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9nw@qth.com
Subject: [3830] TBDC K9NW(@K9UWA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 02:09:21 +0000
                    Stew Perry Topband Challenge

Call: K9NW
Operator(s): K9NW
Station: K9UWA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Indiana
Operating Time (hrs): 5.5

Total:  QSOs = 385  Total Score = 2,112

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

After driving for 8 hours from MN I was QRV at 0111z.  Put 117 QSOs in the log
in the first full hour - it slowed considerably after that.  EI5KF called in
with a decent enough signal during that run and that gave me some hope of DX
condx.  But that was it for EU, for me.  Without even a hint of any other EU
calling me and not hearing any others CQing, either, I bagged it at 0530z, not
even waiting around for the sun to rise across EU.  Got back on again at 1100z
and VK3IO called in soon afterward.  That was the only Pacific DX I heard.
There were some pretty nice signals from W6/7 but didn't seem to be many ops
around.  So it goes.

DX: EI, KP2(2), XE, P4, VK

HNY!

73, Mike K9NW