[3830] ARRL 10 K8CN SO CW QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K8CN SO CW QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 16:16:14 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: SO CW QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 6

   CW:  222    73
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  222    73  Total Score = 64,824

Club:

Comments:

This phase of contest season never meshes well with my academic life - end of
semester exams, grading, and project reports all flood over into the weekends
of the 160 meter and 10 meter contests. I didn't enter this one until late
Saturday afternoon and was so unsure I would continue on Sunday that I logged
my few Qs that day on paper.  The lure of the band took hold Sunday morning,
and I decided to turn on the computer logger since things were going reasonably
well. I operated only sporadically over the day due to pressure to put together
a final exam for my sophomore analog circuits course. Nevertheless, I had fun
if only for a few hours in this one.

I did hear what sounded like meteor scatter propagation on a few stations, but
don't think I made any Qs via that propagation mode. It was great to find the
CW segment so full of stations, and it's always amazing to call a station I can
barely hear and have them come right back to my QRP whistle - ah, the joy of 10
meters!

Best wishes to all for a fun-filled 2015, and thanks for the Qs!

73,
Mike, K8CN

Rig: K3 @ 5W to badly sagging Lazy-H (but hey, it's still at least one
wavelength above ground on 10 meters!)