[3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, tshoppa@wmata.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N3QE SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 01:00:00 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N3QE
Operator(s): N3QE
Station: N3QE

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 20

------------
   80:  245
   40:  296
   20:  240
   15:  287
   10:  148
------------
Total: 1216  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 57  Total Score = 142,272

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Couple less hours than last year, but just as many QSO's.

Mult-wise... great on the States and Provinces, got all but 3: NU, NWT, and YT.
DX-wise, number of mults was down from last year.

Saturday afternoon, intermittent activity, a few hours to make supper, then got
really rolling in the evening. Huge runs on 80M.

Sunday AM started just great DX-wise, 15M nicely open to EU, then 10M nicely
open to EU. There were lots of DX spots all over the bandmaps, most of them
workable, as I mostly concentrated on running. But well before noon the DX got
really tough to work (high absorption?). That was OK because then working
domestically starts to make sense. Go to 20M and most of EU is rare and hard to
print but pick up several domestic multipliers while running. Eventually end up
bouncing back to 15M and 10M in spurts. Interestingly enough, the path to
Scandinavia stayed solidly open on 20M and 15M pretty much until their
midnight. The signals were a bit watery but printed fine.

Was surprised as heck when I did my first CQ on 40M late Sunday afternoon,
still before our sundown. I knew I wanted to be on 40M before it went long, but
wow: on my first CQ, a JA came back to me! I knew that was a likely opening from
my W1AW/3 experience but I had never experienced that with my own call.