[3830] RTTY Roundup AC0C Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AC0C Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 02:27:44 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: Single Op HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

------------
   80:  323
   40:  351
   20:  560
   15:  678
   10:  202
------------
Total: 2114  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 60  Total Score = 247,338

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

WX conditions here in the mid-west were pretty good.  Expected freezing rain
passed by without leaving any iced antennas and I'm always thankful for that!
Friday we had light rain but the band conditions on 40/80 were reasonably
quiet.  10m was in good shape Sunday and 15 was solid all weekend long.

Score is almost 10% higher than last year which I'm happy about.  Q count this
year was up a bit, but both SEC and DX counts were short by a couple.  Despite
a ton of S&P crawling, another few were not to be had.  Be interesting to
see how the other guys did on mults.

This contest was the first for using the N1MM Plus logger - I'd used the N1MM
classic version in the past and with the PTT issues fixed last year, it's been
a great high-volume So2r logger so I was hoping Plus would be ready to rock and
roll as well.  It was also the first run for a new homebrew amp.  I've had
various minor part failures which kicked the other shack amps off line for one
reason or another on almost every contest; the last being a fan failure on the
SB200 conversion in WPX last year.  Unfortunately things with the logger and
the amp were mostly OK, but also offered plenty of distractions.  Of course
RTTY contests are always an invitation for Murphy to make a big splash and this
one was no different.  The problems with logger were fatiguing and frustrating
but they could be worked around with careful use.  The amp on the other hand
was a perfect performer - right until it glitched out and shutdown with two
contest hours to go.  Oops!  Looks like plenty of things to improve on before
the WPX run next month.

Thanks to everyone who worked the contest!  May ice steer well clear of your
QTH in 2015.  HNY.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com