[3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU SO Unlimited LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa5au@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup AA5AU SO Unlimited LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 02:53:47 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: AA5AU
Operator(s): AA5AU
Station: AA5AU

Class: SO Unlimited LP
QTH: LA
Operating Time (hrs): 24

------------
   80:  220
   40:  337
   20:  595
   15:  702
   10:  375
------------
Total: 2229  State/Prov = 60  Countries = 68  Total Score = 285,312

Club: Louisiana Contest Club

Comments:

Decided to try the low power unlimited class this year and sure glad I did. It
was much more fun than I thought it would be. And despite having to shut down
1.75 hours earlier than planned Saturday night due to weather, I think I did
well. I wish I had done this last year.

The early stoppage on Saturday may have contributed to not being able to sleep
that night. Out of the six hour rest period, I maybe got an hour of sleep.
Despite that, I felt pretty good all day Sunday and didn't get tired at all. I
was able to supplement my runs by chasing packet spots on Sunday and it kept me
busy the whole time.

Other than a very noisy 80 meters, I thought the bands were excellent even
though the numbers weren't all that great. Ten and 15 meters were open to just
about everywhere. I was even working stations in AR and AL on 10 and 15 when I
normally never hear those states.

A big thanks to the XYL for keeping me fed. After the contest she fixed me a
big plate of red beans and rice. Man, that sure is good after an all-out
contest effort.

The Unlimited category is definitely for me. I think I'll do it again next
year.

73, Don AA5AU