[3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup N9TF Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2015 03:45:56 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 15

------------
   80:   82
   40:   52
   20:  169
   15:  128
   10:   89
------------
Total:  520  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 45  Total Score = 52,520

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Always a fun contest. This ones a personal best for me. Set out with three goals
in mind. Personal best score, break 500 Q's, and WAS. Accomplished all three. It
came down to the wire on WAS. The last three I needed were ME, DE, and HI. Never
tuned across an HI station Saturday afternoon/evening on 10m or 15m. AK's and
JA's were heard in abundance. Worked two AK Saturday late afternoon with a few
JA's as well. I finally got ME and DE early Sunday afternoon on 20m, while
running a frequency for a solid hour. I was surprised I held it that long! I
figured I would have gotten bumped rather quickly. So now that left HI to
complete WAS. Time was running out for me as this is bowling Sunday, and I
needed to QRT by 4pm local time, (or the XYL would not be happy!). I also
needed to QRX for a bit Sunday afternoon to get the driveway shoveled. That
left me with about 30 minutes or so to find HI or that would be it, no WAS
again! I figured 10m was going to be my best shot at about 2130UTC, so I hopped
back in the chair and spent the next 15 minutes or so just tuning 10m watching
for a signal that had a HI prefix. With about 15 minutes left in my contest
time slot, I finally saw KH6GMP scroll across my screen. Got him after a couple
calls and finished WAS RTTY in a contest!
Wished conditions would have been better to EU on 10 and 15. Worked a lot of
Italy and Spain, western EU, but signals to east EU were watery and faint. Both
of those bands switched to the west very early Sunday. Heard and worked some SA
and Caribbean, but didn't hear a lot of activity in that direction.
All in all, it was a good time.
Quite a number of SMC in the log!

Operating conditions: 756PROIII 100 watts to TH2MK3 2 element triband at 37'
and 80m OCF dipole at 35'

73 Gene, N9TF